In 1901 Dr. Fred S. Diehl was graduated from the Lanark high school, and for three years thereafter was engaged in teaching in the schools of Carroll county. In 1905 he entered the dental department of the Northwestern University, of Chicago, and was graduated therefrom with his degree in May, 1908. Being influenced by his brother Herman to remain in Chicago, he opened an office on Addison avenue, which he continued eighteen months, but closed it on account of being able to purchase the practice of Dr. Stanley, who had been in continuous practice in Lanark for a period of twenty years. Dr. Diehl has succeeded in retaining the entire practice, and owing to his wide acquaintance in the eastern part of the county, has been able to add to it considerably. He is a member of the Northern Illinois State Dental Society, and while a resident of Chicago was an active member of the Chicago Odontographic Society, from which he resigned upon leaving the city. He is a Democratic politically but is willing to vote for the man rather than for party in local affairs and is actively interested in the welfare of his community. He has spent most of his life in Lanark, where he is well known, and enjoys the confidence and esteem of all who have been associated with him. He is conscientious and careful in his work and is able to retain any patients he treats.
Dr. Diehl was married October 30, 1912, to Miss Pearl E. Richardson, of Milledgeville, Ill., the only child of Mr. and Mrs. John L. Richardson, who reside on their farm four miles southwest of Milledgeville. She attended the graded schools in Milledgeville and also was in attendance for several terms at Francis Schimer Academy, in Mt. Carroll, and Mt. Morris college, Mt. Morris, Ill.
Contributed by Carol Parrish