Clark County Illinois
Briscoe School was located SE of Westfield, west of Route 49, on Section 5 of Parker township. The land for the school, 1 acre, was donated by John B. Briscoe on April 7, 1857. A frame building was erected after 1865.
The brick building was built sometime after 1883.
The last class was held in 1946.
March 1914 Class Photo:
Teacher is O. E. Letner -- The photo is dated March 6, 1914.
This is from a postcard addressed to McKinley (Mick) Oisten who lived in the Westfield, Casey and Robinson area ca. 1910-1914, before moving to MI. His parents , James and Mary Oisten had about 10 children at home during this time period. Mick, age 13, and several of his siblings are likely in this picture.
Class Photo, 1920/21
Back Row - left to right
2nd Row - left to right
|1.||Blanch Reed (Applegate) - teacher|
3rd Row - left to right
4th Row - left to right
Front Row-left to right
|11.||Wayne Cribelar (?)|
Copyright © Genealogy Trails