Franklin County, Illinois
Gossip and Visiting News Gleanings
31 July 1926:
- The Girls' Sewing Club met at the home of Jessie Galloway Friday afternoon. Delightful refreshments were served to Louis and Jimmie Gays, Helen Bacon, Virginia Hillman, Opal Fowler, Delores Tanner and Jessie Galloway.
- Mr. and Mrs. Owen Doctorman, Mrs. George Doctorman and daughter, Helen of Gary, Ind., are here for a few days on business.
- Mr. and Mrs. Horner Kearns spent Sunday in St. Louis.
- Alexander Vaulaskiu is visiting in Columbus, Ohio.
- Perry Center of Tamaroa visited Virgil Center here yesterday
- George Mocaby of Thompsonville was here yesterday on business.
- Mr. and Mrs. Eagle Summers and Mrs. H.R. Haycraft spent yesterday in St. Louis.
- Mr. and Mrs. Oral Ramsey are returning from St. Louis where they have been spending the summer, Monday.
- Misses Bernice and Francis and John Teague are leaving Monday morning for a motor trip to Salamanica, N.Y.
- Mrs. Minnie Simmons and son, Jerome, will leave Tuesday for Chicago. From there they will go to Ann Arbor, Mich., to spend their vacation.
- Miss Clytie Broughton and Miss Edith Notman left this morning to attend the Assembly of baptists at Alton. Miss Broughton was elected by the Baptist Young People's Missionary Society and Miss Notman by the World Wide Guild to represent [missing]
H.E. Curlin expects to leave about the 25th for Benton, Ills., to work a couple of months in a gents furnishing store of that city. At the expiration of that time, he will go on the road as traveling salesman for Webber-Wolton Dry goods Co., of Cairo. His territory will be Missouri and Arkansas. [The Hickman Courier. (Hickman, Ky.), 17 June 1915]
Mrs. and Mrs. A.J. Luster, of Benton, Ills., arrived on No. 7 yesterday afternoon, to be at the bedside of their son, Thos. O. Luster [Carrizozo Outlook. (Carrizozo, N.M.), 10 Nov. 1916]
Mr and Mrs Thomas Shockley and daughter Mrs Herbert Upchurch have returned home after visiting in TN and GA. They spent some time with an aunt of Mr Shockley, Mrs Clarandia Dodson, at Hillsboro, TN, who is now 90 years old and left IL 60 years ago. [5 Aug 1938]
Copyright © Genealogy Trails