||Edward F. FLetcher
||First paper published within the present limits of Greene County
|The Carrollton Gazette
||June 26, 1846
||George B. Price
||Printed at home with a subscription price of $1.50 a year
|Greene County Banner
||John Fitch was from Vermont
||H. C. Withers
||Only printed about 1 year
||Newly formed party know as "free-soil or republican"
||Civil War absorbed attention of citizens in the county and the above parties started this paper to voice their point of views. Excellent contributions of the party, the paper was revived under the name of Carrollton Patriot
||Formally called Carrollton Press (See above)
||Editorial Manager: E. L. Craig
||1875, Clement L. Capp was the editor
|White Hall Register
||Aug. 21, 1869
||S. H. Davis & F. Glossop
||July 28, 1883, purchased by the Daily & Weekly Journal
||Established in 1869
||Morton & Pickett
||Mr. Morton, after a short time, collected all outstanding accounts and borrowed all he could in the name of the "Independent" and skipped out of the county, leaving Mr. Pickett with debt and caused the untimely end of the Greenfield Independent.
||Mr. Pickett kept the office of the Independent, publised "The Comet", but sadly, erractic, appearing spasmodically, until finally disappearing shortly after established.
||Meacham & Milton
||Purchased equipment of the Independent. The paper ran smoothly for some time, then Mr. Meacham dissolved his partnership. Later Milton sold teh paper to the White Hall Register whom continued the Locomotive for a little time but finally abandoned that.
||Mr. Walker bought equipment from a Carlinville office and moved to Greenfield. This paper was sharp, spicy nature, independent and without suffiecient support, soon came to an end.
|The Greenfield Dispatch
||Soon after the end of Greenfield News
||John Walker & Byron Orr
||Byron Orr & John Walker took over the lease of the Greenfield News office and created the Greenfield Dispatch, shortly afterwards abandoned by John Walker to Mr. Orr, who continued the publication a few months. Later, this paper was sold to Mr. Farris of the Greene County Democrat.
|Greene County Republican
||July 7, 1877
||R. D. Suddeth
||Published until March 23, 1878, when the Greenfield Printing Co. purchased the entire outfit and commenced the publication of the Greenfield Weekly Argus.
|Greenfiled Weekly Argus
||March 30, 1878
||W. W. Havens - Editor and General Manager
||Mr. Haven died Dec. 8, 1884,
|White Hall Republican
||Feb. 24, 1877
||E. J. Pearce & C. L. Clapp
||Consolidated in May 1883 with White Hall Tribune
|The Evening Republican
||Launched Sept. 1884
||Editor: Capt. E. J. Pearce
||Cost 15 cents a week
|White Hall Tribune
||Established in 1882
||Charles Weis sold the paper to E. J. Pearce on May 1, 1883
||Henry Johnson, Editor, Charles Johnson, Publisher
||First paper with a Roodhouse Head.
||George B. Price & Son of Carrollton
||Lasted about 1 year
||W. T. Lakin
||Lakin had the press work done in White Hall & only published a few copies then moved materials to White Hall where he published the Green County Democrat
|Greene County Democrat
||1875 or so
||So James Smith, resident of Washington Co. Kansas. I was ran by various parties. It was quite a paper for some time with extensive circulation.
||John S. Harper
||Ran about 6 months, sold to William H. Pogue & Morris R. Locke of Jerseyville, who removed the material to that city and started the Examiner.
|Greene County Advocate
||Established in Roodhouse in May 1, 1881 to Jan. 8 1883
||Duncan C. McIver - Editor & Publisher
|Daily Morning Journal
||Fall of 1882
||H. H. Palmer
||Printed at home until the spring of 1883, when W. J. Roberts became a partner, it was changed to a patent inside.
||Oct. 1, 1877
||W. T. McIver (17 yrs of age)- Publisher & Editor
||First paper to be printed within Roodhouse, all other papers had printing done elsewhere. W. T. McIver ran the paper until 1879, leaving it in his fathers hands. His father, Duncan C. McIver, ran is solo until Jan. 1880 and sold half interest to Frank M. Palmer. In Sept. 1880, they sold the paper to John S. Harper, who changed the name to Roodhouse Eagle.
||John S. Palmer
||about 6 months later, John Palmer sold the paper to Hiram H. Palmer, of Jacksonville, who changed the name to Roodhouse Journal
||Hiram H. Palmer
||in 1882, Palmer partnered with W. J. Roberts until 1884, when Roberts became the sole owner and moved the paper to White Hall to consolidate with the White Hall Register, of which he was the editor. In June 1885, publication was suspended and material was burned by Mr. Roberts.
|Greene County Union
||March 8, 1882
||W. M. Wallace & N. J. Ludi
||Weekly publication, Opposed saloon licensing, supports temperance, morality and sobriety.
|Roodhouse Daily Union
||April 15, 1885
||N. J. Ludi, Editor
||continued until October 1885
|Roodhouse Daily Eve
||June 22, 1992
||Edited & Published by W. T. McIver & J. P. Drennan, Jr. (McIver & Drennan.
||August 10, 1882
||McIver & Drennan
||Ran 6 columns, printed at home & is one of the best papers in the county, being bright, newsy and above all, devoted to the interests of Greene County.