Ellis Mound Missionary Baptist Church is located approximately three and one half miles northeast of the village of Aden. Ellis Mound was organized in 1856, with seven charter members. Prior to this date, services were held in a log building a short distance from the location of the present church building.
John B. Smith was the first pastor. Elder Vernard Ile pastored the church for ten years.
This history was taken from the Hamilton County Sesquicentennial in 1971.
Ellis Mound is not a member of the Goshen Trail Association since it joined another association in 2005.