To The
Lee County Weddings

Donald McCoy to Carol Germanson

Wedding vows of Miss Carol Germanson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. H.M. Germanson, 1304 Peoria avenue, and Donald McCoy, son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles McCoy of Walton, were exchanged in St. Patrick's Catholic church Saturday morning. The Rev. Fr. T.L. Walsh officiated and music was provided by the St. Patrick's choir.

The bride was attired in a white net dress, fashioned with a lace bodice, and a finger-tip length veil. She wore a lavalier belonging to her mother and carried an all-white colonial bouquet of roses, tulips and fressia.

As matron of honor, her sister, Mrs. James G. Traynor, wore a blue net dress and carried a bouquet of pastel tulips, iris, carnations and azalea.

Robert McCoy, cousin of the groom, was best man.

For her daughter's wedding, Mrs. Germanson chose a black and aqua dress with matching accessories, Mrs. McCoy wore black. Both had corsages of pink carnations.

Following the ceremony, a breakfast for the immediate family was held at the Nachusa hotel. For her going away outfit, the bride wore a chartreuse dress with black accessories.

Mrs. McCoy is a graduate of Dixon high school and was formerly employed in the office of Dr. H.D. Burke. The groom was graduated from Amboy high school and is engaged in farming.

The couple will live on a farm on Route 1, Amboy.

Guests from Walton, Harmon, Amboy, Dixon and Chicago attended the wedding.

The Evening Telegraph, 17 February 1947

Back Home


Illinois - "Our Way"