Livingston County, Illinois
In the eastern portion of the county, close to the Ford County line, may be found the incorporated village of Cullom, which in 1950 had a population of 492.
It is located on the Illinois Central Railroad and on State 116. This village is the principal community of Sullivan Township, with a total population of 1,037.
First to settle in the township were Alexander Harbison and J. G. Chesebrough, both of whom came in 1855 from New York state.
The township was named (with the letter "t" dropped) after M. L. Sullivant, who once owned a 40,000-acre farm here and in adjoining Ford County.
[This is Livingston County, Illinois by: John Drury, The Loree Co., Chicago, Illinois (1955)]