Livingston County, Illinois
In the fertile farming area west of Pontiac city lies the incorporated village of Flanagan, with a population of 672.
Through it passes the Illinois Central Railroad and State 116.
This village is the only community of Nebraska Township, the population of which is 1,386.
First settler of the township was Isaac Sheets, who arrived in the summer of 1855 from Ohio.
Among numerous homeseekers who came here in 1857 were the Flanagan brothers, John, Peter E., Patrick, and E. F. It was after this family the village of Flanagan was named.
Several years later quite a few German Lutheran families arrived in the township. These families banded together and built a church here in 1866.
[This is Livingston County, Illinois by: John Drury, The Loree Co., Chicago, Illinois (1955)]