Livingston County, Illinois
One of the first "towns" to be laid out on the Chicago, Pekin & Southwestern Railroad (now part of the Santa Fe System) when it was built through the county in 1872 was Long Point.
Today, the incorporated village of Long Point has a population of 286. It is located in the northwest portion of the county and is served by a spur road of State 23.
The original proprietors of the village were Andrew McDowell, Samuel Sillik and F. Plumb.
This village is the only community of Long Point Township, which has a present population of 803.
It was Andrew McDowell who first came to the township, and, on November 6, 1838, entered the first land there.
The township was organized in 1858 and its first supervisor was James P. Morgan.
[This is Livingston County, Illinois by: John Drury, The Loree Co., Chicago, Illinois (1955)]