Livingston County, Illinois
Only community of Eppards Point Township, south of Pontiac city, is the village of Ocoya, with a population of forty.
It is served by the postoffice at Pontiac. The village is located on the Gulf, Mobile & Ohio Railroad and on US 66 (principal highway in Illinois between Chicago and St. Louis).
Ocoya was platted in 1854, the same year in which the railroad was built through the area, by Jonathan Duff and A. W. Cowan, banking partners of Pontiac.
First building in the village was a combination warehouse and depot erected by Charles Roadnight, then general freight agent of the Chicago & Alton Railroad.
The township in which the village is located, Eppards Point, today has a population of 625.
First settlers of the township were members of the Eppard, Hayes, Pendle, Brock, Suttle and Anderson families, all of whom are believed to have arrived about 1834 or 1835.
[This is Livingston County, Illinois by: John Drury, The Loree Co., Chicago, Illinois (1955)]