Livingston County, Illinois
An early "railroad town" of the county is the incorporated village of Strawn, which today has a population of 173.
It is located near the south boundary of the county on the Wabash Railrotu and on State 47.
The village was platted in 1873, or soon after the Chicago & Paducah Railroad—now the Wabash—was built through the area. It was named after David Strawn, founder of the village.
Strawn is the only community in Fayette Township, which has a total population of 450.
The first settler of the township was Rees Morgan, who arrived in 1863.
A few years later Fayette Township became the site of a major portion of the famous Burr Oak Farm, claimed at that time to be one of the largest farms in the world. It was established by M. L. Sullivant and embraced nearly 40,000 acres in Livingston and Ford counties.
[This is Livingston County, Illinois by: John Drury, The Loree Co., Chicago, Illinois (1955)]