Livingston County, Illinois
In the southwest corner of the county lies the small hamlet of Waldo, only community of Waldo Township. Around it are the thriving farms of that part of the county.
At the present time, Waldo Township has a total population of 534.
First to settle in the township was James McFadden, who came in 1857 and bought land here from the Illinois Central Railroad. Later that year others arrived and also bought land from the railroad, among them being Richard Breeser, James Sample, James King, Isaac Burkholder, Parker Jewett and J. C. Hawthorne.
In 1860 the township saw the first arrivals of its German-Amish settlers.
[This is Livingston County, Illinois by: John Drury, The Loree Co., Chicago, Illinois (1955)]