Livingston County, Illinois
Near the north fork of the Vermilion River, southeast of Pontiac, may be found the village of Wing. It has a population of seventy-five.
The village is served by the postoffice at nearby Forrest. Through it passes the Wabash Railroad, and, just west of it, passes State 47.
Wing is the only community in Pleasant Ridge Township, which in 1950 had a population of 463.
First to settle in the township was Nathan Townsend, who arrived in 1843 from New Jersey. A later settler was Isaac Wilson, who subsequently was elected first supervisor of the township. He was also an early Justice of the Peace.
[This is Livingston County, Illinois by: John Drury, The Loree Co., Chicago, Illinois (1955)]