Contributed by Norman K. Horack
Girls from left: Marie Balenslefen, Alta Martell, Elma Pettegrew, Beulah Swearingen, Margaret Barber, Virginia Blackburn, Opal Swearingen, boys unknown, Edith Holton, teacher at far right.
The Conover school, purchased by member's of the community to use for community events. Located 2 1/4 miles south of the Boyd's Grove Church on the west side of the road. Picture taken about 1947.
3 BOYS KNEELING IN FRONT L TO R -UNKNOWN, CHUCH ROSENBAUM, GENE TUCKER.
STANDING FROM L TO R: UNKNOWN, WALTER ROPP, LEO ROSENBAUM,UNKNOWN, VIRGINIA ROSENBAUM, UNKNOWN MAN, UNKNOWN WOMAN & 2 CHILDREN, ARLIE TUCKER, NORMAN HORACK,OSCAR WRIGHT, UNKNOWN GIRL, MINNIE HORACK, MILDRED WRIGHT, UNKNOWN WOMAN, RUSSELL HORACK, UNKNOWN WOMAN & CHILD, STANDING BOY-STANLEY HORACK, NEXT 4 ADULTS UNKNOWN, EDITH PHELPS, WILL PHELPS, DAVID ROSENBAUM, 2 BOY ON BIKE-UNKNOWN
Back to Marshall County Illinois History and Genealogy