Waverly East Cemetary is located on the eastern side of Waverly, Illinois. It is bordered by Route 104 (Elm Street) on the south and Curtiss St. on the west. There are over 7,000 burials on the 25 acres.
The earliest burial known dates back to 1838
The following individuals were originally buried in Rogers Cemetery, and moved to Waverly:
LOT # 532 East Cemetery. No date of transfer, but Lot was purchased in 1909
Elijah Dodd Lot purchased by Mrs. Sarah (Dodd) Wyatt
George N. Dodd
Wm., Joseph Dodd
Elijah Newton Dodd
Nancy J. Dodd
LOT # 309
Eva Rogers - Transferred Dec. 4, 1916
Rumsey Rogers -- Dec. 4, 1916
LOT # 372
"Babes" of Mr. & Mrs. George Alderson - Removed from Rogers in 1919
Gray, William M. - b. January 1844; d. 23 February 1913 Franklin, IL -- Co. F 61st Ill. Inf. Sergt.
Gray, Rebecca A. Foster - b 20 Dec 1845; d. 19 Mar 1920 "His Wife"
© Copyright by Genealogy Trails