Peoria County, Illinois  Genealogy Trails

 

 

Peoria County Landmarks, Buildings, Parks & Streets

 

 

This 1940's photo shows the corner of Jefferson St and Hamilton Blvd. 
The CROWN HOTEL was located on the corner at 210 Hamilton Blvd. (which is the street with the bus). 
3rd building from the left is the COMFORT HOTEL listed at 210 Jefferson St.
Steve Slaughter - 2009

 


The Timeline for the surveying of Peoria County:

- North Line boundary was surveyed in Aug & Sept. 1816 by Amos Wheeler
- South and West Boundary were surveyed in Feb. 1817 and the sub division lines in march 1817 by Thomas Willis
- The lots in the Town of Peoria were surveyed 3rd of March 1835
- The lot lines of the "Old and New" Villages of Peoria were surveyed in the 2nd Quarter of 1837 by Joseph C. Brown
- The remaining Lots where surveyed March 31, 1842 by D.A. Spaulding
- This is what the Surveyor's office in St. Louis 2-11-1846

Notes from the Federal Township Plats of Illinois 1804-1891

 

 

Street Names

Street Name Changes in 1956

History of Streets and Area Names

100 Block of South Adams - 1903

Franklin St. (diagonal) to S. Adams St. - 1946

 

Old Bartonville Buildings

Old Brimfield Buildings

 

Old Homes -

919 W. Moss Ave.

1001 W. Moss Ave.

1120 W. Moss Ave.

1421 W. Moss Ave.

443 W. High

 

The Henry Chase Home

 

 

Peoria's Oldest Water Works

The Washington House Hotel
Early Hotels

Early Banks

East of Palace Theater Main St. 1970's - Steve Slaughter - 2009

Peoria Corn Exposition Building 1888

 

THE PIONEERS by Lorado Taft, Sculptor

 

Home


Peoria County, IL Genealogy Trails
2006 - 2011 by Genealogy Trails

All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.