Peoria County, Illinois Genealogy Trails
Brimfield lies along the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad, northwest of Peoria City, in Brimfield township. Brimfield was platted by Abner Clark in 1836, and was initially called "Charleston". The first settler, Philip Atkinson, came to the area in 1834.
Northwest of Peoria city, on the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroads, lies the incorporated village of Brimfield, with a population of 648.
Through it runs US 150. The village contain a number of retail stores, service establishments, a postoffice and banking facilities. Brimfield village was laid out in 1836 by Abner Clark and at first called Charleston. It is now the only community in Brimfield Township, which has a total population of 1,225. First settler of the township was Philip Atkinson, who came in 1834.
[Source: John Drury, Peoria County, IL, 1955- Transcribed by C. Horton 2011]
Home | Places
Peoria County, IL Genealogy Trails
© 2006 - 2011 by Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is © Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.