Peoria County, Illinois Genealogy Trails
Photo and Information courtesy of Steve Slaughter
Fort Clark Horse Railway
WE'VE COME A LONG WAY, BABY!!
Fort Clark Horse Railway. Here car #20 approaches Birkett's Hollow (known today as Glen Oak Park) and the operator is George Slagel.
This is Peoria's first form of streetcar - the
This Horse Railway was granted a franchise to operate on Oct. 6, 1872, with 2 lines:
#1 started at Water Street and ended on Perry St.
#2 started on Franklin Street and ended at Lincoln Ave.
Home | Transportation
Peoria County, IL Genealogy Trails
© 2006 - 2011 by Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is © Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.