Detroit Methodist Episcopal Church (South)

Divider Line
Contributed by Sandi Donaldson
No Longer Exists - Photo taken in the 1960's

This society was organized in 1861, and consisted of parties who left the Methodist Episcopal Church on account of the political excitement that then pervaded all of the Churches. They erected a meeting-house in 1870, and sustain a Sabbath morning and evening by Rev. J. Metcalf, Pastor."
Source: [Contributed by Sandi Donaldson - from the 1880 Pike County History, page 429]