The Methodists had an organization in this township at an early day. As early as 1828 this people held a camp-meeting on the Meredith farm, sec. 16. The exact date, however, of the first organization of this society is not certainly known. The congregation erected a brick house, 36 by 48 feet in size, in the town of Detroit, in 1857, at a cost of $1,500. The Church now sustains a good Sunday-school, has preaching each Sunday evening and each alternate Sunday morning, by Rev. James A. Wills, Pastor. The number of communicants at present is 75.
Source: [History of Pike Co by Charles M. Chapman 1880]