In the year 1828 the Baptists began holding services in the Blue river school-house, and in 1834 they erected a church edifice. Soon after this the question of missions divided them, and the Missionary Baptists retained this house, and in 1840 the Predestinarians formed another organization. The former society is now extinct, and the latter, by the help of others, in 1857 erected a house of worship in Detroit. They have no regular services, the society being very weak.
Source: [History of Pike Co by Charles M. Chapman 1880]