This society was organized Jan. 28, 1859, at the house of David Devol, by Elder N. Kinne. Mr. Kinne was chosen Chairman, and Mr. Devol Clerk, of this meeting. He was then elected permanent Clerk, and shortly afterward S. Sprague and S. B. Gaines were chosen Deacons. Rev. Wm. Cleveland was called as their first Pastor. The congregation erected a house of worship in 1864, which was dedicated in October, 1865, by Elder N. Kinne. The present membership is 200. The Church has sustained a Sunday-school ever since it was organized.
Source: [History of Pike County, Illinois By Chapman, Chas. C., & Co, Chas. C. Chapman & Co.. 1880]