Rockport Town Hall Damaged beyond repair in 2006 Has since been destroyed Contributed by Billie Browning
The present Rockport post office was a grade and high school at one time. It was only used as a high school for a year or so after it was built. The high school students were then bused to either Pittsfield or Pleasant Hill school districts. The former school had burned down approx. 1937/38. A former student believes it closed in 1973, when the post office took over the building.
Rockport Friends 1941- 42 From Bill Browning - Contributed by Delores Blacketer Front row L-R - Norma Doran, Edna Garner, Delores Blacketer Back row L-R - Leslie Wayne Garner, Russell Myers, Shirley Garner (her future husband) William Morrow, and Raymond Garner