1. GEORGE EVANS married SUSSANAH ARMSTRONG 14 Aug 1814 in Harrison County IN. She was born Bet. 1793 - 1794 in Fayette County KY, and died 26 May 1855 in Pike County IL.
Children of GEORGE EVANS and SUSSANAH ARMSTRONG are:
i. ANN EVANS.
ii. SUSAN EVANS.
iii. CAROLINE EVANS.
2. iv. AMANDA JANE EVANS, b. 18 May 1825, IN; d. 17 Dec 1881, Griggsville, IL Pike County.
v. GEORGE M EVANS5, b. 13 Jul 1829, Harrison County IN; m. SARAH WILSON.
Generation No. 2
2. AMANDA JANE EVANS was born 18 May 1825 in IN, and died 17 Dec 1881 in Griggsville, IL Pike County. She married ROBERT JENNINGS WALKER 01 Aug 1847 in Pike Co. IL, son of GEORGE JENNINGS and ELIZABETH WALKER. He was born 28 Dec 1819 in Boston, Lincolnshire, Eng, and died 27 May 1918 in Griggsville, IL
Children of AMANDA EVANS and ROBERT WALKER are:
i. KATHERINE WALKER, m. BENJAMIN WINDSOR. Benjamin lived in Flint Township, Pike County, IL. He was a farmer.
ii. ELIZABETH WALKER m. PARVIN BUTLER. Parvin and Elizabeth were living in Superior, NE area in the 1890s. They later lived around Springfield MO. In the 1900 Federal Census of Greene County MO they lived in Center township
iii. MARTHA JANE WALKER, b. 26 Apr 1848, Griggsville, Pike Co, IL; d. 17 Jun 1926, Wichita, Sedgwick Co, KS.
iv. ANN LOUISA WALKER, b. 31 Mar 1849 d. 22 Nov 1932, Griggsville, IL Pike County. Buried at Bethel.
v. GEORGE WALKER15, b. 1851, Pike County IL d. 1898, Pike County IL. George was an invalid and never married. He made his home with his father.
vi. MARY WALKER, b. 1853.
vii. WILLARD WALKER18, b. Abt. 1867, Pike County IL19; d. 27 Nov 1932, Pike County IL. Never married.
viii. FANNIE JEANETTE WALKER, b. 1869, Pike County IL20; m. JOSEPH JAMES BUTLER.
Generation No. 3
3. MARTHA JANE WALKER was born 26 Apr 1848 in Griggsville, Pike Co, IL, and died 17 Jun 1926 in Wichita, Sedgwick Co, KS. She married JAMES ALEXANDER MORTON 22 Dec 1870 in Pike Co., IL, son of JAMES MORTON and ELLEN HILL. He was born 06 Aug 1842 in PA, and died 07 Feb 1927 in Topeka, Shawnee Co., KS. Both are buried at Meade, Meade, KS
Children of MARTHA WALKER and JAMES MORTON are:
i. JAMES FREDERICK MORTON, b. 27 Nov 1871.
ii. HATTIE ELLEN MORTON b. 30 Apr 187422; d. 15 Jun 1941, Chetopa, KS23; m. JOHN HERBERT JOHNSON; b. 21 Jul 187124; d. 05 Jun 1954, Chetopa, KS.
iii. ALMA PEARL MORTON, b. 02 Sep 1876.
iv. ROBERT FRANCIS MORTON, b. 02 Nov 1879, Griggsville, IL25; d. 10 Apr 1954, Iola, KS hospital; m. CREOLA ORTHA MAY GUY, 23 Dec 1903, Yates Center, KS; b. 14 Feb 1880, Harding, Missouris; d. 23 May 1964, Sumner County KS Nursing Home. Both are buried at Yates Center KS Cemetery
v. MATTIE ALICE MORTON, b. 28 Aug 1881.
4. vi. JENNIE MORTON, b. 1884, Pike County IL; d. 1966, Nickerson, KS.
vii. ANNA MORTON, b. 13 Apr 1886, Griggsville, IL Pike County; d. 04 Sep 1964, Mansfield, OH.
5. viii. CLARENCE SYLVESTER MORTON, b. 10 Nov 1887, Superior, Nuckels Co., Nebraska; d. 25 Dec 1950, Batesville, Woodson Co., Kansas.
ix. ROY MORTON, b. 24 Nov 1889; d. 16 Feb 1956, Wichita, KS; m. FLORENCE ROSS; b. 29 Nov 189828; d. Aurora, IL.
Generation No. 4
4. JENNIE MORTON was born 1884 in Pike County IL, and died 1966 in Nickerson, KS. She married THEODORE J. MATTER SR. in KS. He was born 1886, and died 1945 in KS.
Child of JENNIE MORTON and THEODORE SR. is:
i. THEODORE J. MATTER5 JR., b. 26 Jun 1916, Nickerson, KS; d. 07 Oct 1999, Los Angeles, CA; m. MARGARET J. ARMSTRONG who d Dec 1998, Los Angeles, CA.
5. CLARENCE SYLVESTER MORTON was born 10 Nov 1887 in Superior, Nuckels Co., Nebraska, and died 25 Dec 1950 in Batesville, Woodson Co., Kansas. He married (1) MINNIE OGILVIE Abt. 1925. She died 05 Jun 1927 in Chanute, KS. He married (2) LOYCE LOIS IRENE HOLLOWAY 17 Mar 1929 in Meade, KS, daughter of HARDIN HOLLOWAY and DAISY GRACE. She was born 05 Sep 1903 in Wingo, Kentucky, and died 16 Jul 1975 in Lawrence, Douglas, Kansas29. Clarence served in the US Army during WWI. He was a cow hand on the ranches south of Meade Kansas. He later moved to Batesville where he farmed just west of the Batesville store. The United Brethern Church,which they attended, was next to his and Irene's home. Clarence and Irene are buried in the NE corner of the Yates Center, KS cemetery. Minnie was Clarence Morton's first wife. she died in surgery at the Chanute, KS hospital. She is buried near her parents in the Toronto, KS cemetery. Funeral services were held at the United Brethern Church in Batesville, KS, Her parents operated a grocery store in Batesville. Loyce Holloway was known as Irene by everyone that knew her. When Clarence, her husband appied for their marriage license he mistakenly thought her name was Lois , so he put Lois on the application. T DeBoyce Franklin , a Minister of the Gospel performed the ceremony. Esta Miller, sister of Irene and Doris Holloway, brother of the bride were the witnesses.
Child of CLARENCE MORTON and LOYCE HOLLOWAY is:
i. WILMA KATHRYN MORTON, b. 01 Apr 1931; d. 09 Jul 2007, Lawrence kansas; m. DONALD WILLIAM VAUGHN, 12 Feb 1950, Batesville, KS; b. 03 Feb 1930, North Township, Woodson Co. KS. Buried 15 Jul 2007, Oak Hill Cemetery Lawrence, KS