Fair Oaks Plantation--Mount
Fancy Point St
Francisville-John F Irvine
Fannie Riche Plantation --on
Pointe Coupee Road, Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana.
Built for Joseph Tounoir. Built c. 1825-1835 is a raised
French Creole Planation house with bousillage walls.
Named for the African American mistress of a prominent
Pointe Coupee Parish planter.
between Laura and Oak Alley on the Great River Road
Foley Plantation--New Orleans,
St Francisville,J W McQueen
Frances Plantation house-
Glass Place Plantation-
Francisville owned by the Raccouri Company
Glendale Plantation-- Located on
the West Bank, Lucy, Louisiana
Plantaton- located in Napoleonville La the
plantation home belonged to the Munson family.. It was
built by John Harvey Munson , as a companion to
Madewood. Many gernerations of Munson family
members resided in Glenwood, until tho home burnt in
Goodwood Plantation-- built
about 1830 and owned by Charles Lewis Mathews
(1824-1864) and wife Penelope Stewart (d. 1897) of
Woodville, Mississipp is located in St Francisville,
West Feliciana Parish,
Grand Woods Plantation--
Grayfield Plantation -
Francisville owned by the Raccouri Company
Great Oaks Plantation--Baton
Greenwood-- built in 1830 by
William Ruffin Barrow in the classic Greek style. It
escaped damage during the Civil War only to be struck by
lightning in 1960 and almost completely burned to the
ground. It was just recently restored from the original
plans. 6838 Highland Rd, St Francisville, La 70775.
owned in 1913 by Mrs J A
- located in St Mary Parish and was one of the
plantations owned by Donelson Caffey.
Hall Plantation-- See Cottage Place, or
submitted by John Clifford
Plantation - located in St James Parish and
destroyed by Hurricane Betsy in 1965
Hermitage-- Greek revival
mansion was built in 1812 and named for his hero Andrew
Jackson's home in Nashville
l;ocated near Burnside, Louisiana .
Louis Amedee Bringier, son of Michel Doradou Bringier
and Louise Elizabeth Aglae Du Bourg. was a planter
residing al Hermitage Plantation, Ascension Parish,
Louisiana. As a youth he attended University of Virginia
from 1845-1849, and in 1850 married his cousin, Stella
Tureaud. During the Civil War, Bringier served as a
colonel in the Confederate Army under Colonel Louis Bush
of the 4 Louisiana Cavalry.At the close of the war he
returned to Hermitage Plantation to resume planting.
During the 1880's he moved to Florida taking up
residence at Last Resort as a fruit farmer.
Built c. 1804 from
hickory, ash, hard pine and butternut from the
surrounding woodlands near Wilson, Louisiana. East
Feliciana Parish, La.
located in Houma La and was owned by William J Minor
owner of Southdown Plantation.
Homestead Plantation-- Hill
House. located on River Road
Homewood Plantation-- Hahnville,
Honduras Plantation-- Houma
La another plantation owned by Robert Ruffin Barrow
Hope Plantation -- New Orleans
Plantation--Named for the Houmas Indians of the
area, the house was built in 1840 by Col John Smith
Preston of South Carolina. It was later purchased for
$750,000 by John Burnside. Near Burnside La.
bought by the Billaud Brothers in 1904. A large sugar
plantation owned and built by a company in England
Idalia Plantation- C Harold Brodersen
Times ) Plantation--
by Willam G Wyly located on Joes Bayou
Louisiana was built by Pierre Baillio II, whose family
came from France. Pierre's father was an officer at Fort
St. Jean Baptiste, in Natchitoches, Louisiana. In 1842
Robert C. Hynson purchased the house from Baillio heirs.
Hynson had come to Louisiana from Kent County, Maryland
and the house was named for that area. It is located on
Bayou Rapides Road in Alexandria
Keystone Plantation- New Iberia St
Plantation--location New Roads, Point a
LaCoste Plantation (St.
Bernard Parish--old Ursuline nun property originally in
the Lake Plantation St. Martinsville,
Francisville owned by the Raccouri Company
Layson Plantation-owner Mrs V Z
Laura Plantation--the land was
granted in 1804 to a French naval veteran of the
American Revolution, Guillaume Duparc, who built the
home in 1805, Duparc died in 1808, after establishing
the plantation. Four generations of
women in this family ran the growing sugarcane
plantation until Laura Locoul, the great-granddaughter
of Duparc, who sold it in 1891 to the family of Florian
Waguespack, who were French-speaking Creoles of Alsatian
descent. Located in
Vacherie Louisiana in St James Parish.
Camp Plantation, Great River Road (East
Bank) just North of Carville, LA sight of the old
Leprosarium, now called Gillis Long Clinic or similar
Laurel Hill Plantation,
constructed 1834. Saint Francisville, La. Owned by
Edward McGehee in the 1830's.
Laurel Ridge Plantation-
location- White Castle-
Laurel Valley Plantation---was
settled around 1790 by Etienne Boudreaux who farmed the
front. In 1832, the Boudreaux family sold their land to
Joseph W. Tucker who expanded the plantation to include
3200 acres. Tucker built the mill, introduced sugar and
slave labor. After the Civil War, the plantation passed
into the hands of Burch Wormald of New Orleans.
La Branche Plantation--Was built
by the Zweig family, of
Germany, built the plantation in 1792. All that remains
today is the dependency house and a row of Oak trees
that led to the main house.
Live Oaks Plantation--The first
home was constructed in 1828 by Charles
Dickinson, Live Oaks Plantation consists of the
plantation house and gardens with a slave chapel and the
remains of brick slave quarters on the grounds. The
present house was built by 1838 by Charles H. Dickinson
and is believed to have incorporated an earlier
structure. The land was deeded to
him by his grandfather Captain Joseph Irwin, who becane
his guardian upon the death of his father.
Locust Ridge Plantation-
Longshot Plantation- William G Wyly
Plantation --Napoleonville, La, Designed by
Irish-American architect Henry Howard, the 21-room
mansion was built in 1846 by Col. Thomas Pugh, a sugar
cane planter. Its name is derived from the fact that it
is constructed of wood from trees on the
in 1834 along Little Bayou Black, this two-story house
was built by Thomas Ellis constructed of cypress cut by
slaves. Ellis's daughter Eliza married Confederate
general Braxton Bragg here. A productive sugar
plantation, during the Civil War, Magnolia was used as a
hospital by Federal troops. John Jackson Shaffer bought
the property in 1874 and it is still occupied by direct
descendents. Located on La. Hwy. 311, three miles
south of Schriever.
Mound Plantation Baton Rouge, La.
The main house was
built c. 1791 as a small settler's house and as
prosperity came to the lower Mississippi Valley, the
house was enlarged and renovated in 1802-05, to become
the elegant seat of a major landowner.
Marston House--located Clinton,
East Feliciana Parish the home of Henry W
McManor Plantation-- Located in
Plantation Melrose, La--
Hearth is dated 1833.
Milly Plantation -
Plantation-1859 Iberia Parish
Mooreland Plantation--home of
the sucession governor Thomas Moore, the home burnt a a
small bungalow built in its place.
Mount Hope Plantation ,
Highland Road NW of Staring
Mount Vernon- owner C W Ball,.
Miss Ella Ball Mrs E Hamilton
Mulberry Hill Plantation- owner W R
Grove Plantation- located in Terrebonne
Parish and owned by Robert Ruffin Barrow
Plantation --located in
St. Francisville, La built
about 1796 General David Bradford of Pennsylvania
built in 1816 by the Turner family.
North Bend Plantation--
Plantation White Castle, La--was completed in 1859
for John Hampden Randolph and his wife, Emily Jane
Liddell Randolph, and it was home to their eleven
children. It was designed by renowned architect Henry
Howard of New Orleans in Greek Revival and Italianate
Oak Alley Plantation --Vacherie,
La (River Road) built about 1838-1839 was first called
Beau Sejour, but because the steam boat captains could
not remember the name, it was referred to as Oak Alley
because of the massive twenty eight Oak Trees that
stretched from the levee to the house.
Manor, Franklin, La
Plantation-- St Francisville, La
Grove Plantation - location was Lafourche
Parish, once half owned by Robert Ruffin Barrow and
sold to John Bradford Pittman the other half
St Francisville, La
Orange Grove Plantation--Houma,
Plantation --Destrehan, La Ormond was bombarded by
the Federal Navy, and captured by Federals during The
War Between the States. Pierre d'Trepagnier was awarded
a tract of land by the Spanish Governer Don Bernardo
deGalvez, in recognition of Trepagnier's service in
subduing the British at Natchez during the American
Revolution. The main building was completed shortly
before 1790 and occupied by Mr. and Mrs. d'Trepagnier
and their children. d'Trepagnier began growing indigo,
and then sugar cane, and the Plantation began to
prosper. In 1795 Pierre d'Trepagnier went missing. On
June 25, 1805, Col. Richard Butler, son and nephew of
American Revolutionary war heroes bought the plantation
home and land from Mrs. d'Trepagnier. Butler had served
in the U.S. Army and had fallen in love with the South.
He named his new home "Ormond", after his ancestral
home, the Castle Ormonde in Ireland.
located in Tensas Parish, leased by S W Weatherly to
Curry & Davidson who defaulted in 1892 sold at
Ozeme Segura Plantation
plantation was annually leased out by the Pailhoux
heirs in 1724 in New Orleans. It was originally the
plantation of Bienville.
Palfrey Plantation-- home of
William T Palfrey, located in St Mary Parish,