Welcome to Genealogy Trails
Volunteers working to put free historical data online.
On Dec. 22, 1853, its eastern boundary was fixed at the summit of the Cascade Range, with a small portion at the mouth of the Siuslaw River on the coast. Linn and Benton Counties, created earlier, became its northern boundaries, with Lincoln County added in 1893. On the south, much of Lane County was given a fixed boundary in January, 1852.
General Joseph Lane, first Territorial governor of Oregon, subsequently a delegate to congress, and after the admission of Oregon into the Union, a United States Senator.
In 1852, the original town site of Eugene City was platted and recorded, while in 1853, by a vote of the people she was established as the county seat.
-Photo courtesy of Gary Halvorson, Oregon State Archives
We regret that we are unable to do personal research